Evie's Ark, All Things Animal
One feisty redhead, her two adorable cats, and a whole lot of painting and sewing!
Welcome to Evie's Ark, All Things Animal! Since 2001.

Monday, May 4, 2009

Why Zoey loves Vox

Earlier last week, I had coffee with the lovely and fabulous Jill. While chatting about next month's Women's art show at Vox, she told me that it would be the grand re-opening at Vox's new location in Midtown. So as the new location will come with a lot of already provided furniture, they will need to sell the furniture at their West Sacramento location. At that point in the conversation, the Heavens parted and angels sang from sunbeams pouring down from the sky. At least that is how I recall the conversation about furniture. I quickly told Jill that I wanted to get a sneak peek at their sale. I had been in love with their funky, retro, eclectic furniture since my first art show with them some time ago.

So tonight, I popped on over to the Vox West Sac location and happily bought two crushed velvet green chairs! I was thankful for the help loading them into my car as they are very heavy. And as soon as I arrived home and unloaded them into the house, Zoey happened!


Zoey promptly piles cat toys into one of the chairs. Guess she's staked that one out as hers!




Zoey yawns as she wears herself out playing in her new chair.




Zoey falls fast asleep in her new chair.




Vox will soon post the rest of their furniture on Craig's List. But you can get your own first-hand look this weekend at their Second Saturday art show. You'll get a great deal on some fun, funky furniture, all while supporting a very worthy group that is so important to the Sacramento art scene! And it's an art show that you won't want to miss - “A Call to Action” art and live reggae from Ras Roy Unity and music by Gene Smith.

Vox Gallery
600 4th Street
West Sacramento
www.voxsac.com

2 comments:

Jill said...

you are so awesome lady. xxxooo (and to zoey too)

Unknown said...

Wonderful to hear that Zoey loves the chairs. Thanks for sharing the story!