Evie's Ark, All Things Animal
One feisty redhead, her two adorable cats, and a whole lot of painting and sewing!
Welcome to Evie's Ark, All Things Animal! Since 2001.

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Photo of the week - Road trip, baby!

Today, my friend Char and I took a road trip to Sausalito to tour the ICB open artists' studios. She had never been, so I was very excited to share this gem with her - a three-story industrial building of private art studios. We met a very talented artist, with whom we gushed about our love of Golden Fluid Acrylics, and she shared her unique techniques with us. We also came across a studio space that was for rent and spent some time daydreaming about how we would organize it (and afford it!).

Thanks to faulty GPS directions, we took a detour to Stinson Beach and had some fun in the sand. We snapped the photo below. You'll notice that there are only 3 of our 4 feet showing. While we waited patiently for the tide of the ocean to approach our shoes, I chickened out at the last minute! You can still see the evidence of my shoe's foot print as I tried to make a clean and dry get-away!




We ended the day with dinner at a phenomenal Italian restaurant in Mill Valley and enjoyed pasta, gnocchi, lemon drop martinis, and the world's best-ever tiramisu!

This day was exactly what I needed!

No comments: