Evie's Ark, All Things Animal
One feisty redhead, her two adorable cats, and a whole lot of painting and sewing!
Welcome to Evie's Ark, All Things Animal! Since 2001.

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Birds in art

For this month's Second Saturday Art Walk, I was thrilled to be asked to participate in another Animal Protection Institute fundraiser. This art show, done in conjunction with Born Free USA, was held at Body Tribe, right smack in the hub of the Sacramento art walk scene.

Here's my art on display. With two art shows booked this month, I was thankful that I already had three bird paintings in my secret art stash. So I was happy to contribute these to the fundraiser.




At one point in the evening, a lovely gentleman came up to the front table to purchase of piece of art - mine! He loved my "Optimistic Owl." When I asked him if the piece was for himself or as a gift for someone, he replied that he wanted the pink and purple owl for his own home because the vibrant colors made him happy. That just melted my heart! It's always so moving to meet the person who becomes one of your collectors.

Throughout the evening, I snapped a few photos of some of the very inspirational art on display.





Char Hall.










Here are the lovely ladies from Puppy Bird. Monica (right) did an amazing job coordinating all of the details for this art show.




Claire's Chicken Pants plushies were the night's biggest hit! She had a constant stream of traffic at her booth all night long!




Later in the evening, Mary and Tiffany dropped by for a visit. Mary wants to know - how many licks?

No comments: