Evie's Ark, All Things Animal
One feisty redhead, her two adorable cats, and a whole lot of painting and sewing!
Welcome to Evie's Ark, All Things Animal! Since 2001.

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Vox Sacramento grand reopening!

Vox Sacramento recently moved its gallery location across the river to West Sacramento. And what better way to celebrate a grand reopening than with a reunion show? So Vox invited all of the artists who have ever shown in their gallery to participate in this Second Saturday celebration.

My friend Emily came over and we went to the art show opening reception together. Since I had dropped my art off at Jill's office, I had yet to see the new Vox space. And I was very pleasantly surprised! It's a huge, open space with ample room for art viewing. The Vox team built portable art walls to be able to accommodate all of the art. Check it out.




Here's my art on display. These are part of a series called "Frank Sinatra Girls," all painted while listening to good ol' blue eyes himself!




I snapped a few pictures of some of our favorite pieces of art on display.

Hannah Moore.




Ben Walker.




And look who we ran into! Deborah Barba, Emily Cole, and Amy Fort.




Jill Allyn Stafford.




Jared Konopitski.




Since we were splitting the night between my two art shows, we had to hit the road just as the bands were starting to play. Here's the crowd enjoying the music.




Wish we could have stayed longer, but there is never enough time on a Second Saturday! Can't wait for my next art show at Vox!

No comments: