Evie's Ark, All Things Animal
One feisty redhead, her two adorable cats, and a whole lot of painting and sewing!
Welcome to Evie's Ark, All Things Animal! Since 2001.

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Photo of the week - Ding! Your time is up!

So while in San Francisco yesterday, I came upon this sight - a permanent porta-potty! At first I thought it was a genius idea. I mean really, if you can cut down on public urination on sidewalks and building facades, then you're surely on to something.




But as I got closer and saw the sign on the side of the porta-potty, I had second thoughts about how great of an idea it truly was.




A 20-minute maximum limit?!? Um, ew! So what happens if someone reaches the 20 minute limit? Suddenly, I had a vision of a loud warning bell ringing, the porta-potty door swinging wildly open, and a man with his pants down around his ankles being booted out upon the sidewalk!

Thankfully, I always take Mom's advice: Hit the bathroom before you leave the house!

1 comment:

Juli Nocita said...

The time thing is so that the homeless won't sleep in there. There aren't any crazy alarms or anything like that, but I believe the door does unlock itself.