Evie's Ark, All Things Animal
One feisty redhead, her two adorable cats, and a whole lot of painting and sewing!
Welcome to Evie's Ark, All Things Animal! Since 2001.

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Why my quilting mom is a rock star!

Yesterday, I was thrilled to discover that my mom's "Tattoo Girl" quilt was featured in the Quilt Beauty online gallery! Mom is thrilled!

The image on the website links back to my blog entry "Like Mother, Like Daughter" where I wrote about the fabric challenge that mom and I did when we created our tattoo inspired quilts. And here's the image caption on the Quilt Beauty website: Quilted by Evie's Ark's mom. Isn't that sweet? Even though her name is Gale, you can all still call her Mom!




Mom's "Tattoo Girl" art quilt was on display at Side Show Studios' Second Saturday Art Walks for the March "Tattoo" art show and the April "Textiles" art show. You can next see this stunning quilt at the River City Quilters' Guild annual show in November. And you'll also be able to meet my rock star mom then, too!

2 comments:

amy is the party said...

That's awesome! Your mom rocks!

Anonymous said...

That is so beyond cool! The crafting apply didn't fall far from that golden tree of talent.