Evie's Ark, All Things Animal
One feisty redhead, her two adorable cats, and a whole lot of painting and sewing!
Welcome to Evie's Ark, All Things Animal! Since 2001.

Thursday, September 10, 2009

"The Girl Who Cried Love, " a new art piece

Here's a new piece that I have wanted to work on for some time now, but somehow just couldn't bring myself to do it. "The Girl Who Cried Love" was created after my greatest heartbreak - the second of two over a period of 17 years by the same man.




The words on her dress are actually from a cut out of a love letter that I wrote to him, but never sent. I felt that it was more important for me to write the letter, and get the words on paper so that the feelings were no longer trapped inside me. The bottom edge of the canvas reads: I will always love you. Just turn my key.




Time does heal all wounds, or so they say. My broken heart just took a little longer than expected to mend itself.

"The Girl Who Cried Love" is acrylic on wrapped canvas and measures 11" x 14". This piece will be available at Side Show's Friend and Family art show on September 12, 2009.

No comments: